We use the best and highest quality leather we can find. Why? So that our items can last you as long as possible on all the treks and journeys you wish to take us on. While your LAND product can go on with minimal attention, we would like to take the time to share some key tips on proper leather care to help extend the enjoyable life of your product.
Leather is similar to the skin on your body. It has pores, is sensitive to light and will dry out if not properly cared for. This will happen over time with use in the sun and improper conditioning. You can clean and freshen its appearance by using our very own leather cleaner. LAND Leather Cleaner & Conditioner has been specially formulated to keep your bag looking well-conditioned, clean and protected. Fine leather deserves the utmost care; even the highest quality leather will dry out and crack if not properly taken care of.
It's common for leather to scratch and fade over time; think of it as every imperfection is a story from your many adventures. Our belief has always been that this only enhances the look of your leather item.
CLEANING & CONDITIONING YOUR LEATHER GOODS
- It's important to keep your leather good clean and well moisturized. Leather will easily absorb grease and oils from repeated contact with your hands and skin. We suggest cleaning & conditioning every 4-6 months to help extend the life of your leather good and keep it looking great, however you can quickly clean your leather good as need be with our cleaner as well.
- Apply LAND Leather Cleaner & Conditioner which has been formulated especially to keep your leather good well conditioned and preserve the life of the leather.
- Apply with a dry, soft cloth. A little can go a long way in this case. We recommend using a small dab for each 4 inch by 4 inch square on the item.
- Allow it to sit on the leather for 3-4 minutes.
- With another dry rag, buff out the leather good in a circular motion to leave it with a rich, warm glow.
- Allow leather to dry for at least 12 hours away from direct sunlight and heat.
Click here to purchase our leather cleaner or click here to purchase our leather cleaning and conditioning service.
TIPS & TRICKS
Your leather product should never be washed in a washing machine as this can cause permanent damage to the leather. Do not use any harsh cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine and other mineral spirits. Store your LAND products in a clean, cool and humid free area. Always keep your leather items out of direct sunlight as this can cause leather to dry out and fade. Should your leather ever get wet, quickly blot and absorb as much water as possible and let air dry.
It's crucial to keep your LAND Leather good well maintained and moisturized. Doing so will only help your favorite LAND item last you a lifetime and preserve it's beauty. If you live in a dryer climate please make sure to condition and moisturize your LAND Leather good as soon as you start to feel it is getting dry. Our leathers are vegetable tanned and should feel smooth and oily when properly maintained. Just as the skin on your body, it will dry out if not properly conditioned and taken care of. We recommend our LAND Leather Cleaner and Conditioner below.
As an additional tip, you are also able clean the inside of your LAND Leather good by washing it with some mild soap and warm water; as all of our products are uniquely designed with waterproof linings. Don't worry, we've poured coffee on the inside for demonstration purposes and have yet to ruin a bag.
- Empty out your leather good of all items and belongings.
- Wet a soft towel in warm water and squeeze out all excess water.
- Add some mild soap; mild hand soap will do just fine.
- Buff the linings of your item in a circular motion to remove dirt and any top layer stains that may have developed from use. Try to keep the leather as dry as possible throughout this process.
- Hang or position your leather good to dry somewhere away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Enjoy the many adventures that await.
THE DO'S OF LEATHER
Do keep in a cool, dry place when storing your leather good and use the included cotton dust bag when storing handbags and larger items.
Do keep it well conditioned and moisturized.
Do keep leather goods away from pen ink.
Do appreciate each scratch and natural blemish on your leather goods. This is part of the natural beauty of your item and each imperfection tells a story.
THE DON'TS OF LEATHER
Don't overfill your leather good. Leather is a natural product that will stretch but will not un-stretch.
Don't get your leather bag wet. If your leather good does get wet, immediately wipe off the excess water with a dry cloth and let the bag dry naturally.
Don't machine wash.
Don't dry your leather bag by using something like a hair dryer or keeping it over a radiator. This type heat could damage the leather and the pigmented color.
Don't expose your leather goods to direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Leather will naturally fade with direct sunlight.
Don't apply any stickers or adhesives directly on your leather good. When removed this will peel the color from your leather good and leave behind adhesive residue.